Wireless power is now doing for power what Wifi did for connectivity, cutting the final cord and enabling a truly mobile world.
Chargifi delivers the market-leading cloud management platform that enables the mass deployment of wireless power. In a similar way to the multi-billion dollar success of enterprise WiFi platforms (Meraki, Aruba, Ruckus), Chargifi has built and patented a software platform that specialises in the management, monitoring and monetisation of wireless power.
Chargifi provides systems integrators and venues (for example BT, Amazon, Hilton and Imperial College London) with the tools that enable them to provide wireless charging as a service at scale.
Chargifi is deployed in over 20 countries, is backed by top investors; Intel Capital, Hewlett Packard Enterprise, Accelerated Digital Ventures, firstminute.capital and Techstars and is headquartered in London, with operations in N.America and China.
We are looking for an exceptional individual to join our expanding Engineering team in Belfast. The role reports directly to the CTO and is based at our office in the historical Ormeau Baths in the heart of Belfast.
You can see our CEO & Founder Dan Bladen talk about the future of wireless power in discussion with our partner Aruba.
- Develop solutions to deliver products for web, IoT and mobile applications using the Chargifi RESTful APIs running in AWS.
- Drive the evolution of our APIs to solve customer problems.
- Enhance the Chargifi SDK for Android.
- Develop sample native applications that use the Chargifi SDK for Android.
- Design and develop code with performance, usability, maintainability and security in mind.
- Promote a culture of best practice in software development.
- Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximise efficiency across the team.
- Create and maintain internal technical documentation for deliverables.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- 1+ years of experience building Android apps using Java or Kotlin.
- You must be a quick learner and be flexible about what technologies you use. We are currently using
- Backend: PHP / Symfony, REST, Lambda (Node.JS)
- Database: MySQL (Aurora DB) , Redis (Elasticache)
- Development: Agile, Jira, Jenkins, Gitlab, Automated Testing
- Cloud: AWS (20+ services), Docker
- Mobile: Android (Kotlin, Java) and iOS (Swift)
- You must be comfortable with rapid development in a Scrum / Agile environment and iterating based on market and customer feedback.
- You should have experience in a fast paced technology company
- Ability to work independently and solve technical problems with little supervision.
- Excellent collaborator and communicator within your team and with wider stakeholders.
Nice to have:
- BSc in a related field such as Computer Science, Computer Engineering or other software/design discipline.
- Experience and understanding of IoT architectures.
- Experience of any AWS Services (SNS, Kinesis, Lamba, EC2, S3, Aurora DB, CloudFormation, CloudFront, CodeDeploy, ALB, API gateway etc)
Background + Attributes we’re looking for:
We are looking for bold, collaborative and creative people to help us deliver foundational technology that transforms the way the world manages and monetises power. Demonstrated ability to be an independent worker, true self-starter who takes initiative to get the job done.