Wireless power is now doing for power what Wi-Fi did for connectivity, cutting the final cord and enabling a truly mobile world.
Chargifi delivers the market-leading cloud management platform that enables the mass deployment of wireless power. In a similar way to the multi-billion dollar success of enterprise WiFi platforms (Meraki, Aruba, Ruckus), Chargifi has built and patented a software platform that specialises in the management, monitoring and monetisation of wireless power.
Chargifi provides systems integrators and venues (for example BT, Amazon, Hilton and Imperial College London) with the tools that enable them to provide wireless charging as a service at scale.
Chargifi is deployed in over 20 countries, is backed by top investors; Intel Capital, Hewlett Packard Enterprise, Accelerated Digital Ventures, firstminute.capital and Techstars and is headquartered in London, with operations in N.America and China
We are looking for an exceptional individual to lead the evolution of our Neutron hardware and NeutronOS firmware. The role is based at our office in the historical Ormeau Baths in the heart of Belfast.
● Being the Product Owner for IoT hardware in a multidisciplinary team to ensure hardware and software work together magically to delight and surprise our customers.
● Ensure hardware products meet high standards of usability, ease of installation, aesthetic design and security, so they are fit for purpose when deployed in our customer environments.
● Develop and communicate the hardware product vision to all stakeholders.
● Work with all stakeholders to inform the prioritisation of features and Product
Development stages for release against clear goals.
● Maintaining the hardware roadmap to deliver the right products and features
at the right time as part of the overarching platform roadmap.
● Assess new technologies and Industry trends for addition to the roadmap.
● Oversee every stage of the product design, development and testing of new and enhanced IoT hardware products (inc embedded software).
● Working with external partners on electrical & industrial design and prototyping of new hardware products using our core technologies (Wi-Fi, BLE, BT Mesh, ARM MCUs, Power Measurement, Qi wireless charging).
● BoM optimisation and value engineering of hardware designs.
● Coordinate exchange of all required information (Gerbers, PCB schematics
etc) between ODM / CM manufacturing partners and design partners for
mass production of hardware products.
● Manage delivery of multiple products at different stages.
● Awareness of and ability to plan, track and update multiple streams of work
● Sourcing suppliers for additional components of the overall product design
(power supplies, custom cables, stickers etc)
● Managing certification (CE, FCC & Regional) of products
● Leading the technical aspects of the Chargifi Inside technology programme
for partners; onboarding partners.
● Identify and manage issues before they become a problem by leading regular meeting meeting cycles and updating tools to ensure clear, timely communication for all involved
● Represent Chargifi at trade associations and standards bodies
● Demonstrable passion and experience for technology
Desired Skills & Experience:
● Previous role as a Product Manager for IoT / medical / consumer hardware products.
● Experience of electrical design processes of IoT hardware using Wi-Fi / BLE / ZigBee, ADCs and ARM MCUs.
● Proven ability to work on multiple projects at once.
● Excellent written, spoken and interpersonal communication skills.
● University Degree in Electronic Engineering or similar discipline.
Nice to have:
● Industrial & aesthetic design experience for B2C hardware products.
● Understanding of security and privacy standard for IoT.
● Experience with AWS cloud services and AWS-IoT.
● Experience of energy related products such as smart meters.
Background + Attributes we’re looking for:
We are looking for bold, collaborative and creative people to help us deliver foundational technology that transforms the way the world manages and monetises power.
Demonstrated ability to be an independent worker, true self-starter who takes initiative to get the job done.