Wireless power is now doing for power what WiFi did for connectivity, cutting the final cord and enabling a truly mobile world.
Chargifi delivers the market-leading cloud management platform that enables the mass deployment of wireless power. In a similar way to the multi-billion dollar success of enterprise WiFi platforms (Meraki, Aruba, Ruckus), Chargifi has built and patented a software platform that specialises in the management, monitoring and monetisation of wireless power.
Chargifi provides systems integrators and venues (for example BT, Amazon, Hilton and Imperial College London) with the tools that enable them to provide wireless charging as a service at scale.
Chargifi is deployed in over 20 countries, is backed by top investors; Intel Capital, Hewlett Packard Enterprise, Accelerated Digital Ventures, firstminute.capital and Techstars and is headquartered in London, with operations in N.America and AsiaPacific.
We are looking for an exceptional individual to lead our global Engineering team. The role reports directly to the CEO, and is based at our office in the historical Ormeau Baths in the heart of Belfast.
You can see our CEO & Co-Founder Dan Bladen talk about the future of wireless power in discussion with our partner HPE Arub: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=odti2QRPyIU
Check out Helen, VP of Worldwide Sales, demonstrating the Chargifi Platform at Ingram One in Singapore: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxRi7Sk6NCg
- Direct and manage execution of all phases of Engineering through direct reports in Belfast, London and remote sites.
- Working closely with Product Management to define and prioritise Engineering tasks to deliver new features and functionality to the Chargifi Platform across Mobile, Cloud and IoT hardware technology stacks.
- Drive execution to ensure that the Roadmap and projects are completed on-time, within budget, and as per the set goals agreed with Product Management and key stakeholders.
- Bring in additional temporary Engineering resources (near-shore partners, contractors etc) if required by the company in order to hit key deliverables.
- Own the challenge of delivering cloud and IoT hardware (including firmware) products that have very different project timelines.
- Support Product Management in liaising with technology partners that incorporate Chargifi technologies in their own products.
- Manage relationships with external suppliers of technology, and related services, to Chargifi to ensure agreed deliverables from partners are delivered on time and budget.
- Ensure key stakeholders are kept up to date on the status of all projects including any risks that will impact delivery.
- Work with Product Management and Sales to assess, and then clearly communicate, the potential impact of changes requests from customers to the previously agreed deliverables and timelines.
- Agree the prioritisation of the product backlog with Product Management, and ensure both tactical and strategic outcomes are aligned to business requirements in a dynamic environment.
- Drive design and development of technology solutions and systems strategy, including the development and adoption of new frameworks.
- Identify new, innovative means to maximize productivity and quality through Agile development methods, industry best practices, and policies.
- Ensure that processes are appropriate for the pace of the company, and that they are updated as the company grows.
- Provide leadership direction to build and maintain an effective team that is highly motivated, and has the competencies and capabilities required to ensure on-schedule delivery.
- Promote and shape the culture of the engineering organization.
- Take ownership and pride in predictably delivering quality engineering releases for both hardware and software.
- Recruit top talent, scale, and maintain multiple high-performing engineering teams.
- Develop team and individual goals, establish technical objectives, and delegate as necessary.
- Utilize in-depth technical and operational knowledge within area of responsibility.
“Go deep” technically to make final design decisions, solve problems, and remove roadblocks.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Experience of running, and growing, multi-function distributed teams in a fast paced technology company using scrum / agile.
- Excellent communicator within Engineering and collaborates cross-functionally with Product Management, Operations, Marketing, Sales, C-Suite, customers and technology partners.
- Bring industry experience and contribute towards shaping the product strategy of the products you are responsible for.
- Comfortable with ambiguity and competing priorities. Demonstrable experience of making decisions in a fast paced technology company.
- Experience of cloud scale, distributed systems and service-oriented architectures.
- You must be a quick learner and be flexible about what technologies are used. We are currently using
– Backend: PHP / Symfony, REST, Lambda (Node.JS)
– Database: MySQL (Aurora DB) , Redis (Elasticache)
– Development: Agile, Jira, Jenkins, Gitlab, Automated Testing
– Cloud: AWS (20+ services), Docker
– Mobile: Android (Kotlin, Java) and iOS (Swift).
– IoT: Custom designed hardware that uses Bluetooth, Bluetooth Mesh, Wi-Fi, Embedded C for ARM MCUs.
Nice to have:
- B.Sc. in a related field such as Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Electrical Engineering.
- Experience of developing IoT hardware products with proprietary firmware using Bluetooth, Bluetooth Mesh and Wi-Fi or related technologies.
- Experience of working with Electrical Engineering (PCB design etc) companies and Contract Manufacturers to create IoT hardware products.
- Experience of AWS Services including AWS-IoT.
Background + Attributes we’re looking for:
We are looking for bold, collaborative and creative people to help us deliver foundational technology that transforms the way the world manages and monetises power.
Demonstrated ability to be an independent worker, true self-starter who takes initiative to get the job done.