Full stack Developer - PHP, Android and AWS (Belfast)
Wireless power is now doing for power what Wifi did for connectivity, cutting the final cord and enabling a truly mobile world.
Chargifi delivers the market-leading cloud management platform that enables the mass deployment of wireless power. In a similar way to the multi-billion dollar success of enterprise WiFi platforms (Meraki, Aruba, Ruckus), Chargifi has built and patented a software platform that specialises in the management, monitoring and monetisation of wireless power.
Chargifi provides systems integrators and venues (for example BT, Amazon, Hilton and Imperial College London) with the tools that enable them to provide wireless charging as a service at scale.
Chargifi is deployed in over 20 countries, is backed by top investors; Intel Capital, Hewlett Packard Enterprise, Accelerated Digital Ventures, firstminute.capital and Techstars and is headquartered in London, with operations in N.America and China
We are looking for an exceptional individual to join our expanding Engineering team in Belfast. The role reports directly to the CTO and is based at our office in the historical Ormeau Baths in the heart of Belfast.
● Develop and Architect solutions to deliver products from MVPs to full-stack solutions, for web and Android applications using the Chargifi RESTful APIs.
● Drive the evolution of our APIs to solve customer problems.
● Design and develop code with performance, usability, maintainability and security in mind.
● Be a technical leader who can drive and challenge our technical direction.
● Promote a culture of best practice and DevOps process, from designing, building, testing and deploying infrastructure, software & services.
● Maintain and enhance our AWS infrastructure in conjunction with the team.
● Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximise efficiency across the team.
● Ensure all software and services used in our platform are updated regularly for security.
● Create and maintain technical documentation for deliverables.
Desired Skills and Experience:
● BSc in a related field such as Computer Science, Computer Engineering or other software/design discipline.
● 2+ years of experience (ideally 3-5) building responsive web applications using PHP.
● 1+ years of experience building Android apps using Java or Kotlin.
● Experience of large-scale, distributed systems and service-oriented architectures.
● Experience of AWS Services (SNS, Kinesis, Lamba, EC2, S3, Aurora DB, CloudFormation, CloudFront, CodeDeploy, ALB, API gateway etc)
● You must be comfortable with rapid development in a Scrum / Agile environment and iterating based on market and customer feedback.
● You should have experience in a technology company (start-up ideally).
● Ability to work independently and solve technical problems with little supervision.
● Excellent collaborator and communicator within your team and with wider stakeholders.
● You must be a quick learner and be flexible about what technologies you use.
We are currently using:
● Backend: PHP / Symfony, REST, Lambda (Node.JS)
● Database: MySQL (Aurora DB) , Redis (Elasticache)
● Development: Agile, Jira, Jenkins, Gitlab, Automated Testing
● Cloud: AWS (20+ services), Docker
● Mobile: Android (Kotlin, Java) and iOS (Swift).
Nice to have:
● Containerisation and NoSQL experience
● Experience of cross-region replication of AWS environments
● Previous experience of leading and mentoring a team, or interest in growing into such a role.
Background + Attributes we're looking for:
We are looking for bold, collaborative and creative people to help us deliver foundational technology that transforms the way the world manages and monetises power.
Demonstrated ability to be an independent worker, true self-starter who takes initiative to get the job done.