Chargifi is the data controller for the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998 (UK).
What kinds of information do we collect?
We collect the following:
- Information you provide when you use our Services, including when you sign up for an account, your user history (including the frequency of visits to certain venues or types of venues) to build a data profile for you and the locations where you use our Services.
- If you use Facebook or Twitter to sign up for our Services, we will collect information provided to us by these social media websites.
- Information that third parties (such as venue proprietors) provide to us when you use our Services, including information about the purchases you make.
- If you use our Services for purchases or financial transactions, we collect information about the purchase or transaction. This includes your payment information, such as your credit or debit card number and other card information, and other account and authentication information, as well as billing, shipping and contact details.
- Information from and about the devices you use to access our Services, including attributes such as the operating system, hardware version, device settings, file and software names, types, battery and signal strength, device identifiers, device locations, specific geographic locations (such as GPS, Bluetooth, WiFi signals), connection information such as the name of your mobile operator or ISP, browser type, language, time zone, mobile phone number and IP address.
- Information about you and your activities from third party partners, such as information from a partner when we jointly offer services.
- Information about you from our Related Entities.
- Cookies to distinguish you from other users of our Services. This helps us tailor our Services to provide you with a good experience when you use our Services.
How do we use this information?
We use the information we have about you to help us provide and support our Services, including as follows:
- When we have location information, we use it to tailor our Services for you and others, such as helping you to charge your device and find nearby charging locations.
- We conduct research and development, test the features and functionalities we are developing, and analyse the information we have to evaluate and improve our Services.
- We use your information to build a user database.
- We use your information to communicate with you about our Services (including by sending you marketing material) and let you know about our policies and terms.
- We use your information to respond to you when you contact us.
- We use the information to improve our marketing and advertising systems.
- We use the information we have to help verify accounts and activity, and to promote safety and security, such as by investigating suspicious activity or violations of our terms or policies.
Disclosure of information
We may disclose information we have about you to the following parties:
- Our Related Entities.
- Selected third parties, including business partners, venues, advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others. We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users. We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience that they want to target. We may make use of the data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers' wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience.
- Other service providers, and other partners who globally support Chargifi. These may include service providers that provide technical services, payment facility services and research and survey services.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our Services.
We may disclose the information we have about you to third parties:
- If we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your data in order to comply with any legal or regulatory obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms and conditions and other agreements, or to protect the rights, property or safety of us, our Related Entities, our customers and/or others. This includes exchanging information with other entities and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection.
Where we store your data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL (or similar) technology.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access our Services, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential and secure. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
You have the right to ask us not to process your data for marketing purposes. You can exercise this right at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Chargifi's website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites are likely to have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any data via these websites.
Access to information
You have the right to access information held by us about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with all applicable law. Any access request may be subject to a fee of up to £10.00 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.